Sevenoaks Workstyle - Sevenoaks

Section A


If you get divorced, BTPS may be required to allocate or pay part of your retirement or death benefits to your ex-spouse to comply with any court order requiring this.

This can happen even if you are already receiving a pension. Part of your pension will then belong to your former spouse, who must then transfer the value of it to another pension arrangement. This process is known as ‘pension sharing’.

If you are getting divorced it is important that you review your Expression of Wish Form and seek legal advice as the options can be complex.

If you need detailed information about the value of your benefits in connection with a divorce, you will need to contact the administration team.